Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter and all that to those that al celebrate. We had a great day planting plants, and conducting a chocolate egg hunt, which was fun - with not too much cheating! Think we'll still be finding eggs in trees for a while to come though. It's great at the moment, although I feel I must be getting old, as have started to really enjoy the garden, and also excited about the bird life that we are attracting. Our recent addition is a robin, although think that we also had a greenfinch!!

Currently got a wonderful shoulder of lamb roasting, and mint sauce.

I went to see an old aunt of mine on Thursday, something I had been meaning to do for quite some time. It was great to go and see her, I was quite worried about how I would find her but she was really quite sprightly, and only suffering slightly with her hips, but all in all full of fun, and up to her usual tricks which involves her trying to palm her old tat on us. This time it was an old raincoat that didn't fit her, why she thought it would fit me, I don't know, also some old books, oh and a string of fake pearls that had a broken clasp, interestingly thought, the pearls had been a gift from my mum, to her, so she thought that I should have them. As the americans say...."go figure".

Right, mint sauce and roast potatoes are on their way.....

No comments: