Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Gettig fit with snakes

So on my increased self awareness drive that I am currently undergoing, I have decided that this time I will get fit. I will. There's no point procrastinating about these things. I have already started having indiviual pilates lessons, and a word of warning to those people who think Pilates is easy. When you're doing it propoerly your legs tremble with the exertion. Anyway Pilates may help the joints and core strength, but I was aware that there was nothing being done about my cardio levels.

We went on a five mile hike to Park Ranchos San Antonio at the weekend, and after a lot of puffing and sweating I made it to the icredible views of the Bay. I have however ached and my hip has hurt for the last few days. So today I went for a two mile walk with a work colleauge. Carmen is a runner, although she has dodgy knees so has been advised not to run, although the pace she set I really had to run to keep up with her! I had to keep imagining that there was a rope tied between us with knots on it, and I wasn't allowed to get the knots beyond 3-4. However, I soon had to drop the rope and go at my own pace!

The way back was fun, we nearly stepped on a snake on it's lunch break!! It had just eaten and was sitting there digesting....

So now I am sweaty, achey and can feel the blood pumping...let's hope I keep it up.

No comments: